Wednesday, December 3, 2014

He's coming!

Joy to the world, the Lord has come!
Let Earth receive her King!
Let every heart prepare Him room,
and heaven and nature sing,
and heaven and nature sing,
and heaven and nature sing!

When we sang this song at church last Sunday, I just started bawling. All I could think about was what good news it was - HE'S COMING!!!!

If you've ever been waiting for a miracle, stuck in fear, needing a breakthrough, or just wondering when the hardship was going to end, HE'S COMING!!!!!

The Lord knows, and He wants to save us. His greatest delight is to reach down from heaven and save his children, to use his strong arm to rescue us from where we're at. He LOVES rescuing us.

"He then reached down from heaven, all the way from the sky to the sea,
He reached down into my darkness to rescue me!
He took me out of my calamity and chaos and drew me to himself,
taken form the depths of my despair!"
-Psalm 18:16 (The Passion translation)

I don't know what the atmosphere was like before Jesus was born, but I know people were expectant. They'd been told for hundreds of years there would be someone coming to save them. Someone coming to restore what was lost, mend what was broken, and to save the world from their sins. To hear that this had happened must have been such a joy and relief!

I just love the rest of the song:

Joy to the world! the Savior reigns
Let men their songs employ
While fields and floods
Rocks, hills and plains
Repeat the sounding joy
Repeat the sounding joy
Repeat, repeat the sound joy


No more let sins and sorrows grow
Nor thorns infest the ground
He comes to make
His blessings flow
Far as the curse is found
Far as the curse is found
Far as, far as the curse is found


He rules the world with truth and grace
And makes the nations prove
The glories of His righteousness
And wonders of His love
And wonders of His love
And wonders and wonders of His love

No matter what you might face, there is HOPE and PROMISE in what Jesus brings. I'm so thankful that on Sunday, when I was coming out of place of fear and anxiety, the Lord showed me that He's coming to get me! He's running! And He's here!


No comments:

Post a Comment