Tuesday, June 23, 2015

On Becoming Mom

There are so many questions in these (literally) last few days before our baby girl joins us.

Will I have time enjoy NOT being pregnant anymore? Or will I just be tired? 

Won't she know her nursery isn't fully decorated yet? Surely newborns have aesthetic senses, right?

Will she like me? I mean, I feel like I'm pretty cool, but will she think that too?

But the most important question I'm asking myself is:

How will I know what the hell I'm doing?!

I've been on bed rest since June 1, and I've taken the time - since I have it - to read a multitude of baby books. I actually started before June 1, but was more motivated once on bed rest to pass the time with discovering the opposing ends of the spectrum that baby sleep and eating schedules encompass. I read about how your baby should feed every 3 hours, or whenever they want. They should never cry it out, but only when it works. I concluded what this mom concluded: nothing. You just figure it out.

I'm very organized, systematic girl, so the idea of a schedule is awesome. We know what to expect! We can always come back to it! But I also recognize I have no clue what this girl is going to do. She may be completely opposite of me, in which we'll just get through the younger years and then go through some organizational training later :) Just kidding. Maybe.

But really, I'm past the point of fear or worrying. I don't have time to think of all the "stuff" we still need or the tasks that need to be completed around the house. (Would I feel better if the house was clean before baby came home? Sure. But she won't know the difference and if my family cares at all, they'll clean it for me.) I'm just ready to meet this lady. Ready to not be pregnant and only have 2 positions I can sleep in. Ready to work out again and feel strong. And most importantly, ready to begin the adventure of motherhood.

Here we go!




No comments:

Post a Comment