Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

That's always a fun line to start any conversation, and thus today, it will start my blog. Last week was normal, as in, nothing really spectacular occurred. Last weekend, however, I got to go hang out & help out at Camp Eagle which was pretty much amazing.

One of the first sights that greeted me upon arriving was this:

So apparently there was a HUGE storm at camp the weekend before and this particular tree (who I can blame for putting a dent in my rear fender along with many others!) decided to bring an end to the Brown Suburban. The Brown Suburban is a legend at camp. I'm pretty sure it's not only the most disgusting and ruthless vehicle, but it's also the most ridiculous. That thing will not die. One summer the rear axle broke. I'm pretty sure it's engine has been rebuilt several times. But it is STURDY. And gross.

On Saturday I suddenly realized that, wow, I was going to be going home on Sunday afternoon, but then I have to get up and go to work on Monday. OH NO. This is when I asked myself what have I gotten myself into?! I was contacted to help out and replied that, hey! I've got my weekends free, why not? I forgot that weekends are for rest. Sigh.

But God is good and he'll take care of me. And I love being at camp. It's rest for my soul, and there's so many people and memories there that I love.

Tomorrow is my day off! I was confused several weeks ago why my supervisor was giving me a Thursday off instead of a Friday or Monday (as usual when I work a weekend), but I know now that it's the Lord's provision. I could feel myself almost getting burnt out today and so I really do need a day off. My intern starts in like a week and a half and I still haven't gotten her binder together, and my niece's birthday is in a week and I need to finish her scrapbook. If I wasn't such a perfectionist, I'd be fine! But no, everything has to be done with EXCELLENCE, not just halfway there. Sigh again.

Cheers for a day off!

No comments:

Post a Comment