Monday, May 3, 2010

Best. Weekend. Ever!

Wow, so I just had possibly one of the most amazing weekends since I've moved to Texas. I can't believe how sunny it is here, and it makes me super happy when it's sunny.

Friday and Saturday I went camping with Dawn's sister and her friends at Inks Lake. I needed to get out of Austin and this couldn't have been any more perfect! I realized how much I love camping again, and how I really should do it more often - like once a month. It was perfect weather, and I even avoided worsening my sunburn on my shoulders. However, while kayaking I realized I didn't put any sunscreen on my legs, and so now they're super red. Sigh. Someone told me that Texas is closer to the sun than Kansas, and I'm beginning to believe them!

I also realized how much I want to marry a guy who loves camping as well. It's almost required.





And here's a pancake I made. It's big.

We got back on Saturday evening, ate some amazing burgers from a place by UT, then watched Chuck, a show that I'm becoming very preoccupied with. It's pretty funny and awesome.

Sunday I went to church, which was great, and had lunch with my friend Teal. After baking some cookies and starting laundry, I decided to go do my Bible study at a coffee house that's on Lake Austin, so beautiful! It's right there on the lake, and my skin felt so good in the sun. So great. After that, I watched Chuck again. :)

And now it's Monday. Tomorrow at work we're installing a new telemetry system, so it will be kind of a fun training day, I think we're even going OUT for lunch. Weird! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment