Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lessons from the 33 Miners

If you were like me, you were captivated yesterday, glued to CNN, watching every moment of the miraculous rescue of the 33 Chilean miners trapped underground for over 2 months.



I had to stop watching a couple times because I was actually tearing up at work! I was listening to the news anchors discuss the joy and hope that was being displayed, and just reveled at how this single event on another continent was giving me and others around me such joy. There is an element of humanity and mortality, and how we all know we will face death, but to almost face it and be rescued is glorious! We are drawn to such stories and people because we see hope, which is not very prominently spoken of today. We see that the bad can be made good, and brokenness can be restored.

How much more is our relationship with Christ? We were sinners, in the darkness, wandering around, and he came and gave us LIGHT and freedom and joy. He took us out of the pit and brought us into new life with joy and hope and restoration! What I witnessed yesterday on TV was such a beautiful real-life illustration of what God has done for us and why Christians should be joyful and hopeful. I am searching for a picture of the family reunions that can print off and hang on my wall. I want to be reminded of this joy everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment