Saturday, March 5, 2011

How do you deal with change?

Last week I attended a training for work entitled "Leading Staff Through Change." It's technically only offered to the leadership positions (supervisors, managers), but my director wants me to take a few of them to get some good education, and I am actually on board with that idea, so it was a win-win. The class was really interesting and I even used the assessment we took (see below) during our staff inservice this year.

The class brought me back to my phone interview for my current job (in which, btw, I had lost my voice!). They asked me that exact question: "How do you deal with change?" Considering I was an intern about to graduate with a Master's degree and possibly move out of state or wherever God led me, I had been thinking about change a lot in the previous few months. I remember answering that I'm very open to change, and realize that it's good in the long run. Staying in a rut is bad.

So when I took the assessment below, I was not surprised to be an Explorer. I took time to figure out what each of my coworkers were, and we have a good mix. So, what are you? How do you deal with change?

(Note: I thought I would be able to find the assessment online for free, but have had no luck so far. If I can't find one soon, I'll post the change personalities instead... sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment