Sunday, February 27, 2011

On Getting Glasses


On Monday, my visit to the oculoplastic surgeon in Houston resulted in one main thing: it was decided I needed glasses. For one, he said, I would probably fail a driver's test. Two, I had no idea how bad my vision actually WAS. When he messed with the lenses and stuff, I was AMAZED at how clear things were!

Best I can understand, my right eye is just darn tired from picking up the slack from my left eye. And my left eye, is well, awful. So now I am the proud owner and wearer of some sweet glasses. Since I have never had to wear glasses, contacts, or any kind of visual help, I thought I'd write a bit on that.

After awhile, I don't notice them at all. Sometimes I forget that they're there. I was worried they would get really annoying, but they've become part of my face, which is nice. The only time it surprises me is when I look in the mirror! And I've had several people comment that they look really natural, in fact, some people didn't know that I've never had glasses before.

I'm really happy with the frames and how they look. And, of course, I'm happy with being able to see! Good news is that this is a short-term thing. I hope I don't have to wear them longer than a few months. If I had to do that, I would really consider contacts or surgery. Glasses are fun for awhile, but long-term would be annoying! I'm very thankful for awesome insurance, too, that paid for most of it. And to think I almost dropped it this year! I thought - I never use this - but I'm glad I kept it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment