Sunday, February 14, 2010

Randomly Titled

No real theme, just some thoughts:

1. I'm starting to feel more at home, which is great! A huge part of that is getting to know my roommate better. We had to cancel our first attempt at a roommate date last Monday when I was sick, and we don't see much of each other during the week. But! Today, we moved a futon frame from the garage to the guest room, and now I can park in the garage! In addition, the futon frame doesn't fit too well through the door frames, so we had to use our problem solving and teamwork skills. Fun stuff.

2.





I've also been excited about the Olympics, even though they're only a week long. I didn't really understand the opening ceremonies, but I did think it was funny when they had the malfunction with the cauldron, oops! I guess the China opening ceremonies will always be my favorite. Only in Communism can you organize that many people!

3. And... it's Mardi Gras this week! I don't plan on doing anything special except making purple and green cookies for Bible study. And I haven't resolved whether I need to participate in Lent yet, so it may not be that big of a holiday.

4. My experience with church was frustrating this morning. I chose a church that I had gone to twice before, but needed to try again to make a final decision. The (stupid but otherwise good for our health) Austin Marathon was in progress, and I could NOT get across the street. I drove around in circles for at least 20 minutes before I found a way. When I got there, I was already late and missed the singing. I almost left when the pastor announced he would be talking about love and marriage for his sermon. He tried to assure all the single people in the congregation that they could learn something, too, but I beg to differ. I learned, however, that he married after his sophomore year in college, and so most likely did not have much experience with being single and probably can't understand where I'm coming from. Sigh. I also didn't agree with the way he presented his sermon, so I feel confident that it is not the church for me! At least it makes this decision a littler easier to have less numbers on the list!

2 comments:

  1. EW to that message at church! How discouraging! Especially on V-day! Our message was on the second beautitude "Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted", which I thought was appropriate since sometimes I mourn about being single. I am looking forward to this lenten season, still praying about how I should observe it.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Olympics, actually watching them now, go ice skating! woo!
    Love and miss yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. REB! found you! what are you doing in texas? hopefully having fun!

    ReplyDelete