Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm Officially a Texan

Monday was my day off, and boy did I get a lot accomplished! A few highlights:

1. I got my car registered and had the KS title transferred to TX. It took, like 5 minutes. I sat down at a desk, and the lady typed some stuff into the computer, and BAM! She gave me my new tags. I wanted to stop her and say, "Wait, don't you understand? This is a HUGE deal! I'm becoming a resident of a new state! I love KS! I'm new to TX! Aren't you going to do a ceremony or something?" But no, there was no ceremony. It's okay - I had a little one with the roomie when I switched out my rear plate. So long, REBA!



Hello Texas!


2. I got a driver's license! I totally forgot about looking nice for my picture, but it didn't turn out too bad. They make you smile for so long, I think I look like I'm almost peeved. :)

3. And! I got a library card! Now, I have thousands and thousands of books and movies at my fingertips! For free! Nothing excites me more than a public library (well, maybe, Dr. Pepper). I grew up in one, so I feel so at home and free to learn and read. Yay!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new changes!

    Were you sad that you didn't get to keep your REBA identity?

    ReplyDelete