Sunday, March 7, 2010

List of Things To Do

This week flew by and was much better than last week. I actually was surprised when I got in my car Friday after work; it felt like it was only Tuesday! But for the good: I was instantly tired realizing I was done with work and free to sleep! This weekend, so far I've been resting and doing fun, enjoying activities. I'm making my way through a list of places to visit given to me by a native Austinite, my friend Mark. If you come visit, I'll probably take you to these places!

1. Visit Alamo Draft House. It's a movie theatre where you can eat & drink during the movie. Haven't done this one yet; previous attempts have failed. :)

2. Go to Zilker Park. This is where Austin City Limits (music festival) occurs every year, and the 350-acre park has lots to do. I've actually been here a few years ago with my friend Stacie, but never spent a significant time there. They have an outdoor theater there, so I might just save this one for the summer.

3. Music venues: Stubbs and Antone's.

4. Mozart's - a coffee shop by Lake Austin. CHECK! Been here twice - once on a sunny day with Dawn - we sat outside - it was wonderful. Another day while I was working from "home," rainy, but still cozy. Literally on the lake and very yummy!

5. Chuy's Mexican. CHECK! First place I ate upon arriving in Austin and been here SEVERAL times since then. Very yummy, Tex Mex food. (Nothing like El Mezcal, though!)

6. Bob Bullock Texas Sate History Museum & State Capitol Tour. Haven't been here yet because no one will go with me! All my friends are native to Texas or are not interested in history. Pooh! Someone come visit me and we'll go together!

7. Mt. Bonnell. Sounds like a good Saturday activity.

8. The Oasis, a restaurant that overlooks Lake Travis. Word on the street is that it's better to go in the summer because then you can sit on the deck over the lake. Will do.

9. Hiking at Barton Creek Greenbelt. CHECK! Did this a month ago with some friends visiting town. Nice, easy, stroll with beautiful views of the creek.

10. Pertonales River bed. CHECK! Did this on Saturday with Dawn, pictures on Facebook.

11. Go to a UT Football or Basketball game. I tried back in February to go to the Kansas/Texas game, and almost succeeded, but ended up being sick that night. All that's left is Big 12 and then March Madness, so we might have to wait until the fall for football.

I'm considering making up a list for Lawrence. What would you put on the list for your city?

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Austin! The Texas State History Museum has free admission on the first Saturday of each month from 2-6pm. Also, they are home to Austin's only IMAX Theatre. You should check out one of the educational documentaries they show. The Alps, Arabia 3D, and Hubble 3D all look really interesting.

    ReplyDelete