Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pretty Awesome Weekend


This past week was slightly stressful for many reasons. My cousin was just diagnosed with cancer and work was crazy due to some staffing changes. I was really looking forward to the weekend but didn't really care what I did - just wanted to relax. Well, I definitely did that!

Friday evening I was invited to a dinner at a friend's house. The chef was a friend who had just returned from culinary school in Italy and wanted to share his gift. I was thinking -oh, just some pasta and wine and good conversation. OH MY GOODNESS. It was so good. It ended up being a 5-course dinner that took all night and I loved every minute of it. The group that was invited was kind of an eclectic bunch, and we switched seats often so I pretty much got to talk to everyone. Love it!

Saturday I spent the day on Lake Travis with my friend Stacie and other friends from Camp Eagle. It was really fun to be outside all day in the sun. It probably was hot temperature wise, but we were in the water and shade so much, I didn't even notice. It all ended with a BBQ at Stacie's parent's house and conversation that lasted until midnight. Awesome!

And today I got up early and worked in the yard, mowing and weeding. After a shower and good lunch, I'm ready to relax again for a bit before church. I love my life!


1 comment:

  1. You know, that's a pretty fun life! It sure beats sweatin' with the oldies and eating PBJ's while watching a Mythbuster's marathon!

    ReplyDelete