Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Trip Home

My extended weekend home was wonderful! It felt so comfortable and familiar, and while it was easier to say goodbye this time than last time, it was still hard. I feel kind of a limbo-like place where Austin is becoming my home and Lawrence still feels like home. I definitely enjoyed it, though, and have some pictures on facebook for your pleasure. (Side note: when you fellow blogspot bloggers add pics to your post, is there an easier way so they don't all get posted at the beginning of the text? tips?)

This is the first time in my life where I have not had a change in lifestyle or season. I am still working through and through, and while I did take a 5 day vacation, I'm used to having a few weeks off in between activities. It's odd, but I think I like it. Just in transition, learning how to be an adult!

I flew Southwest roundtrip, which is my preferred airline. They're a bit more friendly, sometimes sing for you, and don't charge extra for your bags. I know it's only $10-15 and probably is calculated into their fare, but it's the mere convenience of not having to pay that makes it appealing. AND! If you're quick enough, you can sit in the front row and be the first off the plane! After flying SW over the years I've developed a seat priority plan:

1. First, if ANY of the seats in the front row is open, sit there! More leg room! (Yes, you aren't allowed to have your bag in front of you, but if it's a short flight, just hold your book.)
2. If #1 isn't possible, or it's a long flight, shoot for the exit row. Again, more leg room! They'll ask if you feel ok sitting there and can perform the functions blah blah, but who ever needs to?
3. If none of the above are available, I go for an aisle seat.

Typically, because I stalk the website the minutes before I can check in, I'm in the A group and #1 and #2 are very likely. I'm not a huge fan of flying, so I try to get off the plane as soon as possible and/or stretch my legs out as much as I can.

I just booked my flight to Marco Island in August today and can't wait to go! Maybe I'm obsessed with travel? Who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment