Saturday, August 7, 2010

This week was quite the crazy one. I am realizing the effects a full-time job is having on my life, such as need for evening activities that end before my bedtime, fluctuating energy levels (turns out this is DIRECTLY proportional to sleep habits, who knew?), and definite need for a planner in three places to keep everything straight: home Mac, work computer, and my Blackberry. Fortunately, the above changes haven't made me a complete robot! I was kind of afraid my life would get really predictable once all I did was wake up, get ready, go to work, exercise, come home, crash, repeat.

I've had a few weekends that were empty, meaning no big event planned, and that has helped me get caught up on random projects I've been putting off. The kind of projects you think, "Wouldn't that be cool to...?" I've backed up my computer (Mac), which actually took awhile because it was originally formatted for a PC. I'm now in the process of scanning ALL my scrapbooks and uploading them to a website where I can print extras if I or others in my family/friend realm desire to. This will be most useful in replicating my Grandma May's heritage scrapbook I put together last spring.

This week was a little frenzied for several reasons. I usually think of myself as a planner, but somehow since having a full-time job, I've swayed towards the spontaneous side more than I use to. An unplanned sand volleyball game here, pub visit at 10 pm there, and before I knew it I was super drained and forgot to put on makeup on Thursday! :) I realized it after a couple hours at work and fortunately, no one noticed. Another fun, odd, thing that happened this week was the Target shelf fiasco. Let me explain.

Here is my recently-purchased-online shelf.


I purchased it online last Saturday, received a confirmation email with tracking number the next day, and eagerly awaited my new shelf's arrival! This was just not any shelf. This shelf would hold my scanner, new printer/scanner/copier, extra paper, and external hard drive. Currently these items are unattractively sitting on my floor next to my desk. (Why do you need 2 scanners?, you ask. My dad bought me one last summer that's a bit bigger than normal ones so I can scan my scrapbook pages. I went to buy a normal, inkjet printer from Best Buy and the cheapest one they had was $70 vs. the one I bought which was on clearance for $50. So there.)

I checked my tracking number on Wednesday and, lo and behold, it said "delivered" except the town it was delivered to was Red River, OH. Hmmm. I called Target at about noon on Thursday, and after confirming that the shelf indeed was delivered there and NOT to Austin, TX, they sent another one. Thursday evening I got home and bam, there was a box on my step! The shelf! Now I'm confused. Were they super quick or is this some phantom shelf? I'm not certain, but my thinking is that they got the tracking numbers mixed up for someone who bought the same shelf around the same time. So now I have 2 shelves. Don't worry, I'm taking the second one back!

Ok, so I admit that wasn't a super-exciting story, but that's all I've got today. At least my desk-side organization is more aesthetic and functional!

No comments:

Post a Comment