Sunday, July 31, 2011

Shrimp and Feta Stuffed Zucchini and Avocado-Chocolate Mousse

I'm in no way wanting to start a food blog - God knows I barely have time to write a regular blog - but this food adventure was just too much fun not to share. My mom was in town and so I had some extra support (and hands) to help out!


The recipe was fairly accurate as far as time - 1 hr 15 min prep - and was easy to follow. Basically you make the filling of veggies and shrimp, put it in the zucchini boats, and then bake! Last step is to top with the feta cheese.


The only change I would make is to add less crushed red pepper. Just made it a tad to spicy for my tastes. We served it with some asparagus, as shown, but if we were planning more would've served it with some cous-cous or similar light grain. I think brown rice might be too heavy with this dish.


On to dessert! I got this idea from this blog, and it was pretty amazing! I must've added too much almond extract, but otherwise was wonderful on graham crackers. Yum! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment