Thursday, July 14, 2011

Change

I'm going to start blogging more, and I thought July would be a great chance to do so since I'll be attached to an IV every Thursday for 4-5 hours this month. :)

Last December during one of my small group meetings, we went around the room and shared what we thought the Lord had for us in the next year. I shared that I had an overwhelming sense of "newness," that I felt there was going to be a lot of new things in 2011. I can tell you midway through the year that there have definitely been some new things so far: healing from past emotional wounds, new understanding of God's love, experiencing medical treatment for a flare-up of my autoimmune disease, and on and on. What I didn't think about was that in order for something to be new, there must be a change, and sometimes that means letting go.

I've written about my approach to change before, but in short I like change and like to see where it will take me. In general, that is my approach. There is a lot of change that has happened, aside from the above short list, and with it, new circumstances. I've found myself a little more apprehensive than usual, but its not troubling. It's that good, something-great-could-happen kind of feeling. There are changes with staffing at work, come August, that will be fairly significant. There may be changes in my schedule this fall - maybe taking on more responsibilities and/or opportunities. And there may be changes in my social environment. For once, though, the change feels like a good direction and I'm excited to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment