Friday, August 17, 2012

There's Always Sunday, right?

I'm stuck on Saturday. The in between. The day positioned in the middle of the despair (Friday) and the fulfillment of the promise (Sunday). Moses and Sarah lived in a Saturday for a year, waiting for their promised child. David spent a lot of time in Saturdays, mostly spent in caves, reciting all he knew to be true about God so he wouldn't forget the promise.

Waiting for a promise, waiting for a breakthrough, waiting for the sunlight.

I didn't realize the power of this song until I really paid attention to the lyrics, then I was hooked. I can't stop listening to it, hoping that what it's saying is actually true.

Come away with me, come away with me
It's never too late, it's not too late, it's not too late for you
I have plans for you, I have plans for you
It's gonna be wild, it's gonna be great, it's gonna be full of Me
Open up your heart and let me in




1 comment:

  1. I love what you say about David spending "Saturdays" in caves, trying not to forget the promises. I need to do more of that.

    ReplyDelete