Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Lullaby

Last night was one of those nights. The kind where you toss and turn and try to calm your mind and heart, then eventually fall asleep. I only knew I had fallen asleep because I woke up to a screeching alarm, then it registered: I feel like death.

Especially in the last few months, I've found my mind wandering, worrying, planning unnecessarily, and not slowing down. Usually if I pray or turn my thoughts to what Jesus would say, it will calm me. But every once in awhile I need a lullaby. Something to focus on, rest in, and fall asleep to. Here's mine:

Draw Me, Lord by Selah
I've Always Loved You by Third Day
Break Every Chain by Jesus Culture
God I Look to You by Antioch/World Mandate

Usually by the last song I can feel myself drifting off to sleep. I also love that as I'm entering my subconscious, the last thing I hear is that Jesus loves me, is fighting for me, and has it all figured out.

Pillow talk, if you will, with my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment